Date: May 19, 1964
Personnel: Dexter Q Booth, Jr from Sonora CA
Agency/Organization: John Lippett operator of Western Air Tankers of Marana AZ, under contract with the US Forest Service.
Position: pilot, aerial firefighter
Summary: On May 19, 1964 Dexter Booth was killed when the Grumman TBM he was flying stalled on takeoff from the Cochise County Airport runway near Wilcox, AZ. Booth was taking off with a load of water for a practice run when the accident occurred.
Cochise County Airport near Wilcox AZ
- Concise Information from the NTSB, FAA and research by the WLF Staff:
- May 19, 1964
- 1 killed: Dexter Booth
- Operator: John Lippett operator of Western Air Tankers of Marana AZ, under contract with the US Forest Service.
- Type: GRUMMAN TBM3U
- Location: near Wilcox, AZ
- FAA Registration # N3968A
- NTSB # unknown, but a probable cause html file is there, albeit brief and very sketchy.
- National Transportation Safety Board: example Probable Cause (html)
The pilot in command - premature lift off.
- For more information consult the NTSB online lookup Utility NTSB Identification is unknown, Use FAA Registration and date.
- Release of his name
Contributors to this article:
Please support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation